A showcase of a genre for professionals and the public
The International Festival of Animated Dance is an event entirely dedicated to the promotion of a genre, which takes shape at the crossroads of dance and the animated image resulting from the digital arts, animation cinema or the plastic arts.
This is a moment of international influence for dance animations in all their forms: 2D animations, 3D animations, mixed and experimental animations, live, AR/VR and stage animations.
The ambition of the festival is to invite the public to discover animated dance through screenings, retrospectives, meetings and exchanges with the actors of a transdisciplinary and emerging genre. With its specific international programming, it also aims to attract professionals from all over the world around the creation of an International Market for Animated Dance (MIDA).
For its second edition, Hangars Numérique is expanding its actions with the public, with highlights and workshops. The festival is also the place of restitution of residencies and co-productions led by the study and research center. Specific performances and exhibitions invite us to question the underlying artistic issues of the genre.
The course of the festivities is also available online.
OBJECTIVES & CHALLENGES
* Discovery, study and education in digital choreographic culture
* Opening of a unique performance space for animated dance, online and offline
* Dissemination, support and cultural development to amateur and professional audiences
* Exchange, interaction and co-construction of the gaze between artists, professionals and audiences
* Promotion, federation & representation of authors